Friday, November 30, 2012

The Eyes of the Dark Cloud

Hey y'all!
I have finished my rotation at the hospital, so I actually have a little tiny bit of free time! Instead of 70 hour weeks, I will only be working 40 hour weeks! I am so excited!!

When I am not at the hospital, I work at the mall. It is a very interesting place! Haha! We see all kinds of crazy things! But tonight was different.

If you are a ML Fit Camper, you may have already seen my post about this... sorry if its a repeat!!

Tonight I was working at the mall, and went to get dinner. I am walking and minding my own business and BOOM. I got hit with a ton of bricks. I saw the man who almost ruined my life, and for the first time in 4 years and 10 months, eye contact was made. Not intentionally. My roofie vodka/OJ  maker was RIGHT there. I've known for a few weeks that he moved back to town, because I have seen him from a distance at the mall. But, he had never seen me, until tonight. Instantly a million thoughts flew through my mind. My first thought/feeling was embarrassment. I was embarrassed that I gained so much weight and he was seeing the "fat" me. But, just that quick, I changed that. I thought to myself how far I have come since that night. "I've lost almost 30 pounds, I am less than 6 months from getting my masters degree, I have amazing friends and family and an incredibly supportive boyfriend. This time is different. You will NOT get into my head again." So, I held my head up high and kept walking. I kept calm. I am not gonna lie, I REALLY wanted to punch him in the face and tell his girlfriend what a POS he is, but I kept walking.

If you are a Fit Camper, I want to say thank you. The amazing comments I received from all of you tonight made me realize how strong I am, and how much strength I get from you all! I have overcome so much, and I will continue to get stronger!!



1 comment:

  1. You are so strong! Keep holding your head high and be proud of yourself, girl!

    ReplyDelete