Saturday, January 12, 2013

Reality Check

Hey Y'all!

First thing...
CURRENT WEIGHT: 171.0
That means a .6 loss for the week! I WILL TAKE IT!!!

Second thing...
I've been doing pretty good this week... I've been drinking at least 80 oz of water (most of the time I have been closer to 100!), eating within my calories (for the most part) and trying to get my workouts in! I officially moved back to school this past week (for the LAST time EVER!!) so its been a little hectic with packing/unpacking and working! And, everyone wanted to see me before I left for school, so that means a lot of eating out! But, I really tried to plan my calories for the day if I knew I was going out for dinner! Workouts consisted of running, 30 DS and elliptical. Like I said, I didn't get to workout as much as I wanted to, but with work and moving, I was limited on time!

Reality Check...
It is time to be 100% honest. Since I was a runner in high school (cross country and track), I really thought that I would be able to pick up this whole running thing a lot easier. I still have EVERY intention of running my half marathon March 17th, but I am making more realistic goals for myself. Running the whole thing at a 10 min/mile pace is not realistic. I am going to just do my best, even if that means taking little walking breaks. I will still be so PROUD of myself when I finish, because I know that I will have accomplished something that millions of people wouldn't even dare to attempt. I am going to enjoy it and have fun, instead of stressing about my pace. The longer it takes me, the more time I will have to HAVE FUN!! I am not running it to be competitive or get the best time for my age group. I am running it because I want to push myself farther than I ever thought possible! So, if I don't get a stellar time, I am going to be just fine with that! I am going to HAVE fun!! That is what it is all about anyways right? Not everything has to be a competition!!

And here are some pictures from the past week!! :) 

1.83 miles- first time running outside in FOREVER!

3.91 miles- struggled a little on mile 3!

Bought this calendar for $3.70! It has a lot of great tips!

It is not about crash diets, it is about changing your lifestyle!




3 comments:

  1. Hi, stopping by from MLFC.

    Just wondering where you found the calendar for such a great price?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becca! Thanks for reading! I got it at a kiosk in a mall called Go! Calendars. They had everything 75% off!

      Delete
  2. WTG!! I think it's hard not to make expectations for ourselves to run a certain time or whatever. Just getting out there is better than I used to do!

    ReplyDelete