Friday, February 1, 2013

Weigh In Friday and January Recap

Hey y'all!

It's FRIDAY! And, I don't have a Friday outfit pic for you... because I have a SNOW DAY and I am in a baggy t-shirt and Kris's sweatpants, no makeup and my hair is pulled up! It's really not that cute, I promise... you aren't missing anything too exciting!

WEIGH IN- 166.4! That means a 1.4 pound loss for the week! Every single day I am feeling better and better, both physically and mentally! And I have no plans of stopping any time soon!! " Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." Legally Blonde anyone?
 
I had a HUGE accomplishment this week and I am still SO proud of myself!
I RAN 6 MILES!!!!
Yes, 6 freaking miles! That is the farthest I have ran in a LONG time! Like 5-6 years!! We had some freak KY weather this week, so I ran outside in the 70 degree weather (that was Tuesday, today is Friday and its 16 degrees!) and it was AWESOME! I loved it! The first three miles were a bit of a struggle, and I REALLY had to convince myself to keep going! My biggest problem when I am running is that I have an inner battle with myself. Half of me is saying "You're tired. Did you just feel that? I think you hurt your ankle. You should go home." And the other half is saying "Don't listen to that stupid fat bitch. She wants you to quit, but you are gonna prove people wrong and kick ass at your half marathon. You aren't tired and your ankle doesn't hurt, she's just making that up. Keep going and prove to everyone that has called you fat the last 5 years that you are stronger than them!"  At mile 3, I really wanted to just take a shortcut and walk back, but I knew my MLFC ladies would want me to keep going! So, I did just that, even though my Pandora went crazy and switched to playing classic rock and metal instead of Jock Jams that I was jamming to!! And, I ran 6.13 miles in 1 hour 12 minutes! I know that is not breaking any speed records, but I freaking did it and that is good enough for me!! 

January Recap- 
  • Total Weight Lost- 6.4 pounds
  • Total Miles Ran- 24 miles
  • Total # of Workouts-  9 
I didn't do as well/as much as I wanted, but I was in the middle of moving and starting school, so it was a little hectic! February WILL be better! I made a calendar today of my workouts for February. My half training is a little off because I wasn't motivated and kept pushing things off, so I adapted it to fit my timeline! 44 days til my half!!

 And I can't leave you without a few pictures!

 

Kate, one of my favorite MLFC members and my favorite Aussie, asked us to participate in a virtual 5k to help her celebrate Aussie Day! I LOVE Kate, and thought she deserved more than just 3.1 miles, so I ran 5 miles, because she is SO inspiring!!


MFP was teasing me this week! But that would be AMAZING!


WOHOO! MY big 6 mile run!


 As Kate would saying, "keep on keepin' on babes! mwah!!" 






  

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you are doing fantastic!!! I get on here and you have been losing so much weight! Your running is so BA as well!

    ReplyDelete