Tuesday, May 1, 2012

First Experience with Cycle Intervals...

HOLY CRAP!! I just got back from the gym, and the fitness instructor kicked our asses today!! My favorite class is called 20/20/20... which is 20 minutes of cardio, 20 minutes of toning and then 20 minutes of whatever the instructor wants... could be yoga, carido, deep stretching, pretty much whatever! Well, today, she decided we were going to do cycle intervals for 30 minutes and then abs for 20 and stretching for 10... not exactly 20/20/20 but whatever.

The first thing I have to say is that I am pretty sure whoever invented the bikes made the seats as uncomfortable as possible! I am pretty sure I won't be able to walk tomorrow!!
Secondly, WOW. I've done intervals on the elliptical and treadmill, but it felt like NOTHING compared to the bike!! We were changing the resistance, sprinting, standing up, hovering, and sitting down every 5 seconds... okay, not really, but that's what it felt like!! I always try to go to classes taught by the same instructor, her name is Liz, because she is awesome and really motivating... and she remembers everyone's name, and really makes you feel like you are kicking some ass. Well, Liz kicked my ass today!! But, I have to admit, now that I am home, I loved every second of it!! Maybe not at the time, but I feel awesome now! I am leaving for a mini-vacation to Arizona in 4 weeks, so I am really working hard!!

So, if you have never tried a cycling class, I definitely recommend it, but beware, the seats are really going to hurt!!

How is you week going? Have you ever tried a cycling class?


XOXO,
Lindsay
Ps. Here is a picture of my progress.. these are the capri's that I usually work out in, and they are getting to be too big!! Ignore the scars all over (2 surgeries in 3 months= 6 beautiful scars), the stretch marks and the fat... just check out how big the pants are!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment